DEFRA – Animal and Plant Health Agency, Weybridge
Client: GM Builders
Working within a secure research facility we carried out an environmental clean and removal of asbestos insulating board, asbestos insulation board debris and asbestos rope insulation within several rooms.
This project was undertaken over four days in 2021, under both fully and semi controlled asbestos conditions.
This building was unoccupied however still had other trades required to work in the vicinity and was in close proximity to other surrounding working buildings, therefore it was essential segregated access and egress routes conformed with strict health and safety standards.
The works consisted of the below items:
Ground Floor Building 63 – Riser Panel
- Decontamination unit in place for all removal personnel
- Full polythene sheeted enclosure subject to negative pressure
- Airlock and baglock to be used.
- Dedicated waste & transit routes to be utilised.
- Personal monitoring, leak testing and 4 stage clearance testing to be carried out by the independent Analytical Laboratory.
First Floor Building 63 – Debris
- Setting up of respirator & buffer zones to the affected rooms.
- HEPA filtered air mover will be used to ensure the room remains under negative pressure.
- Full environmental clean to all surfaces within and the removal of any dust & debris with the use of H type Vacuum’s and Tack rags.
- Personal monitoring and visual inspection and reassurance air testing to be carried out by the independent Analytical Laboratory.
Ground Floor Building 107 – Rope
- Setting up of respirator & buffer zone.
- Pre-clean of immediate area below with H type vacuum and Tack rags and covering of floor etc with polythene.
- Removal whilst wetting down and shadow vacuuming with an H type vacuum.
- Personal monitoring, visual inspection and reassurance air testing to be carried out by the independent Analytical Laboratory.